Available Position Details
Project Consulting Services, Inc. (PCS) is a consulting firm providing design and management services to the energy industry. At PCS, we recognize that our greatest strength is our employees, and as a result, we place great value on creating a dynamic work environment as well as providing growth and development opportunities for all employees. PCS focuses on hiring employees that work well in a team environment and thrive when faced with challenges that require innovative thinking and problem solving.
PCS is seeking candidates for the position of GIS Analyst working to manage data generated during the design and construction of our infrastructure projects. As an integral role on our project teams, this position is responsible for data acquisition, mapping, and geospatial analysis. The selected candidate will work closely with engineers, environmental specialists, project managers, clients, and third parties to ensure the proper management of all spatial data.
- Adhere to standard data management practices by acquiring, organizing,and maintaining project related data from internal, public, client, or 3rd party sources.
- Develop exhibits to be used in presentations, publications, meetings, and on the company website that reflect PCS’s workmanship and core values.
- Research and confirm accuracy of all data received through an extensive QA/QC process ensuring client and government standards are met.
- Perform basic database analysis and maintenance involving daily GIS applications.
- Create and maintain data in various formats including shapefiles, CAD files, KMZ, tables, raster, and geodatabases.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Geography, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geology, or a GIS-related field.
- 3 or more years professional experience in a GIS position.
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS software including: ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online.
- Understand key concepts and principles of geospatial data management, geoprocessing, and cartographic design.
- Working knowledge of Python, arcpy, and/or ModelBuilder.
- Effective planning/organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Strong communicator with proven ability to coordinate with fellow team members internally and externally.
- Education: MA/MS Computer Science, Geography, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geology, or a GIS-related field.
- Experience with pipeline data models (PODS, UPDM, APDM).
- Experience with FERC Section 2.55, 157 and/or 7 Projects.
- Experience with Esri ArcGIS applications and extensions (3D Analyst, Network Analyst, Spatial Analyst, ArcGIS Storymaps, ArcGIS portal).
- Related experience in Energy and/or linear infrastructure (pipelines, transmission lines, roads).
PCS offers a competitive benefits package.
Apply for this Job
Follow the button below to submit your application for this position.Go to Application Form